[fpc-pascal] THelpEvent usage and meaning of parameters?

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at mastermaths.co.za
Fri Nov 6 08:32:33 CET 2009

Marco van de Voort wrote:

> I can assume you have grepped FPC and Lazarus SVN for it, and there were no
> occurrances, so no backwards compatibility reasons?

Actually I did. :-)

* Nothing in FPC - as expected.

* One unit in Lazarus (forms.pp) - as expected.

This should be little effort to fix in Lazarus, but will probably break
somebodies code. But then again, the K3 proposed signature is an
improvement. And there are many cases in FPC and Lazarus that are not
Delphi compatible simply because it's an improvement over Delphi or
because it's for the greater good (cross-platform and not tied closely
to Windows API).

Clearly this mailing list is not viewed by many, so I will raise this
issue and suggestion in the Lazarus mailing list, where this change will
have a bigger impact.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/