[fpc-pascal] THelpEvent usage and meaning of parameters?

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at mastermaths.co.za
Thu Nov 5 11:03:14 CET 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> BTW:
> THelpEvent in Free Pascal has a totally different signature to the
> THelpEvent type in Kylix 3. I'm not sure about Delphi VCL signature.

Kylix 3 type signature:
  THelpEvent = function(HelpType: THelpType; HelpContext: THelpContext;
       const HelpKeyword: String; const HelpFile: String;
       var Handled: Boolean): Boolean of object;

Free Pascal type signature:
  THelpEvent = function (Command: Word; Data: Longint;
    var CallHelp: Boolean): Boolean of object;

The Kylix 3 signature seems more useful to me as it clears defines the
parameters and sends all information needed to the event handler.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/