[fpc-pascal] Access to RS232 ports with fpc

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Tue Nov 3 02:22:38 CET 2009

Holger Bruns wrote:

> The real sad thing is, that one cannot produce software for Linux, based
> on the restricted free pascal compiler. I am really disappointed.

That's an interesting assertion.
I use serial.pp on i386 Linux, x86_64 Linux, PPC OSX & Intel OSX flawlessly.
I use synaser on Win32.

I suspect you might be doing something wrong, but with the complete lack of information provided
about what you are doing and how you are doing it there is just no way to help you.

Why not try attaching your test code that is failing so we can help you get it working?

Brad
--
Dolphins are so intelligent that within a few weeks they can
train Americans to stand at the edge of the pool and throw them