[fpc-pascal] exceptions

Rainer Stratmann RainerStratmann at t-online.de
Wed May 27 11:37:01 CEST 2009

Am Dienstag, 26. Mai 2009 22:27 schrieb Jonas Maebe:
> Well, as I said: it does not raise any exceptions.

Would it be possible to catch that exception?
With the try except block?
Are other functions existing to catch linux exceptions?

> The socket unit calls through to unix routines (either via libc or via
> syscalls), and these set errno based on the result. However, that
> result should not propagate into inoutres/ioresult (which is what
> could make the program exit with that error at some point if you later
> on call e.g. writeln).

I am sure that the exception comes from the send call.
Because the next debug calls are not executed (print something on the screen).
Also the errorcode 13 makes sense.
The result is not directly shown by freepascal.
But a calling program which does not fail shows the result.

Rainer