[fpc-pascal] fpc & mysql 5.0 in mac osx 10.5 intel

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Mon May 25 10:33:36 CEST 2009

On 25 May 2009, at 07:04, César Espinoza wrote:

> how can I use mysql 5.0 in mac OS X 10.5 Intel?
>
> I did it in OSX 10.4 ppc, but not in 10.5 Intel
> I get the message ld: library not found for -llmysqlclient

Install the MySQL libraries. They are not installed by default on
either Mac OS X 10.4 or 10.5, so you always have to install them
yourself (using fink, macports, from source, or an installer that you
download from somewhere). Next, make sure you add the directory in
which these libraries are located to the linker search path using the
compiler's -Fl parameter.

Jonas