[fpc-pascal] FindFirst...FindClose

Leonardo M. Ramé martinrame at yahoo.com
Mon May 18 16:39:00 CEST 2009

Hi, I ported a Delphi service to linux using FPC. The app uses FindFirst, FindNext and FindClose the same way Delphi Help shows:

if FindFirst(Edit1.Text, FileAttrs, sr) = 0 then
begin
  repeat
  until FindNext(sr) <> 0;
  FindClose(sr);
end;

Apparently my program gets stuck after a couple (several, in fact) of calls to the function that includes this code.

By reading the FPC.RTL documentation, I found it says that FindClose must be used outside the if, as follows:

if FindFirst(Edit1.Text, FileAttrs, sr) = 0 then
begin
  repeat
  until FindNext(sr) <> 0;
end;
FindClose(sr);

Can be this the cause of the problem in my application?.

Thanks in advance.

Leonardo M. Ramé
http://leonardorame.blogspot.com