[fpc-pascal] Re: Link libglx library

Guillermo Martínez Jiménez gmjimen at burdjia.com
Sat May 16 17:53:36 CEST 2009

Michalis Kamburelis wrote:

>Note also your error message:
>
> ./exbasic: symbol lookup error: /usr/local/lib/libagl.so: undefined
> symbol: glXQueryExtension
>
> This says something strange, the linker for some reason is looking for
> glXQueryExtension inside libagl.so. What exactly is
> /usr/local/lib/libagl.so? (It couldn't come from Ubuntu packages.) How
> (and why) are you linking with glX?

"libagl.so" is an add-on of the Allegro library that I'm trying to
use. I did wrote a wrapper for Allegro (allegro-pas.sourceforge.net)
and it works nice but I want to add that add-on to add OpenGL support.
I'm not linking GLX directly, that is used by the library.

> If you don't fear to modify the FPC's sources, you can also try to
> change rtl/unix/dynlibs.inc to pass RTLD_GLOBAL to dlopen call, then
> recompile rtl and packages. Then the symbols from libGL (this includes
> glX symbols) should be available to libagl.so too.

That's not possible. I'm trying to do it for public release. If it's
necessary to modify FPC then the it will be hard to be used by other
developers.

Guillermo "Ñuño" Martínez.