[fpc-pascal] heap size growing

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Mon May 11 22:04:37 CEST 2009

En/na Micha Nelissen ha escrit:
> Luca Olivetti wrote:
>> Seeing this thread, I used GetFPCHeapStatus and, effectively,
>> CurrHeapSize is growing but CurrHeapUsed isn't, so apparently
>> TJpegImage.LoadFromStream (that's what I'm using) causes heap
>> fragmentation.
>
> Can you reproduce this in a small test program? Perhaps there is a
> simple fix for TJpegImage's allocation pattern.

No, and I tried very hard (mainly to isolate the problem). It must be
the interaction between everything that's causing the problem, not
TJPegImage alone (though just removing the LoadFromStream made the
memory usage stay constant). It also depends on the image (not all
images caused the heap to grow).

Bye
--
Luca