[fpc-pascal] TFPColor vs TColor

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 5 13:59:13 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 1:36 PM, Mattias Gaertner
<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

> No.
> Only the widgetset independent LCL properties are set. The LCL
> interfaces then reads/sets the widgetset properties.

Thanks for explaining...

> fpgui needs published properties when you want to edit components
> visually. At the moment lazarus has designers for lcl TFrame, lcl
> TForm and fcl TDataModule. Maybe someday you want to add a designer for
> fpgui forms. hint, hint ;)

What would be the benefit of having a Lazarus form designer for fpGUI
compared to fpGUI's own UI Designer? Would such a form designer
generate non-LCL code?

fpGUI's own UI Designer works quite different to Lazarus's TForm form
designer in that it generates Object Pascal code instead of LFM files
(this was my personal preference). I can also have multiple forms in a
single unit, I can handle unknown properties (properties not
registered with the form designer - I still need to implement RTTI
automated property detection) etc...  Make no mistake, the fpGUI UI
Designer also has plenty of limitation, but it's more than capable
enough for what I needed. It's quicker than designing a form layout by
hand - that's until I get around to completing the MiG Layout Manager
implementation.

> The object inspector, property editors and component editors work with
> TComponent, so they already work with fpgui forms/controls.

Yeah, I made sure I keep to the TComponent style of design - simply
because you don't know what you want to do in the future. Maybe I need
form streaming somewhere down the line.  ;-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -