[fpc-pascal] TFPColor vs TColor

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 5 10:10:44 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 9:30 AM, Michael Van Canneyt
<michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

> When designing FPCanvas and so on, streaming was not taken into consideration
> at all. The point was to be able to represent all possible colors, independent
> of a GUI system or streaming system.

Fair enough.... Design without any perceived limitations. ;-)

>> * Can the Reader/Writer support TFPColor
>
> No, because records cannot be published. To do this, you'd need something
> like a TGUIColor wrapper, which is a TPersistent:

Clever idea - I like that. A quick test revealed that streaming to LFM
will look like this:

object AMyComponent: TMyComponent

  Left = 0

  Height = 22

  Top = 0

  Width = 126

  Caption = 'AMyComponent'

  Color = clSkyBlue

  ParentColor = False

  TabOrder = 5

  FPColor.Red = 42662

  FPColor.Green = 51914

  FPColor.Blue = 61680

  FPColor.Alpha = 65535

end

Obviously removing Color property (of type TColor) from published
section in final design.
Thanks Michael for your quick response.

Regards,
  - Graeme -