[fpc-pascal] Servlet server for Fpc apps

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Mar 31 00:15:30 CEST 2009

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009, Dariusz Mazur wrote:

> What about issue tracker. Its rather simple application, very small database
> and for me work slow.
> >

> > > And what about transfer tons on JS to browser?
> > >

> > Ah, morfik has a nice thing for this: you can preload forms asynchronously.
> >
> Small resume about morfik:
> it doesn't use CSS

This is not correct, because it most certainly does.
I hand-edited them myself at times. I suspect you simply didn't spot the
references. A lot is done in Javascript :-)

> it doesn't use cookie to identify session (with this browser don't cache
> images)

It does, but can do without.

> It just use HTML and JS, as most of web application

Obviously, it's fully AJAX based.

> it transfer each user action to server and wait for response (I say the same)
> server response are quite big (simple login form need 11kb)

This is demonstratibly uncorrect, because Morfik can create client-side only
applications, in which no server app is needed: your whole application is
encoded in Javascript, and sent to the browser. I have created several of
those. They can use a 'database' which consists of a XML file on the server.

> of course morfik looks good,  then have very skill designer

I suggest you actually try it to make an application yourself.
It's really good. Then you can discuss further, but in private,
as we're getting very off-topic now.

(although Morfik uses FPC in the background to compile the server, so
strictly speaking it's not so off-topic)

Michael.