[fpc-pascal] Re: Servlet server for Fpc apps

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 22:07:24 CEST 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Dariusz Mazur <darekm at emadar.com> wrote:
> Andrew Brunner pisze:
>>
>> I've been reading this thread for a while and wanted to ask something...
>>
>> What if someone had a cluster based cloud computing server written
>> entirely from the ground up in Delphi?  Including hot-swappable core
>> object for backend AJAX calls and all the major Web2.0 protocol
>> implements (XMPP/HTTP/SMTP/POP3)...
>>

> Sound impressive. May i ask for more details.

Sure.  I'm really trying hard to get this project out the door.  It's
ODBC Database driven with connection pooling happening on the thread
manager level.  The sockets implementation is where all the packets
are routed via their assigned protocol via a mapping technology I've
implemented with the capacity to handle tens of thousands of
simultaneous connections per node.

When I get home I'll send out screen shots of the Server Management
System.  I tried porting the ItemListView component myself using LCL's
Scrollbox component but ran into problems with Gnome and scrolling the
box.  But moving forward I think a Console Application via AJAX would
be better suited than building native flavors.