[fpc-pascal] Servlet server for Fpc apps

Dariusz Mazur darekm at emadar.com
Mon Mar 30 17:46:30 CEST 2009

Michael Van Canneyt pisze:
> On Mon, 30 Mar 2009, Dariusz Mazur wrote:
>

>> Michael Van Canneyt pisze:

>>> All events and almost any class I need should be available in the client...
>>>

>> What for?
>> You want to move 20% of application to browser. And you think that will be
>> faster? more flexible?
>> will  work on most browsers?
>> I dont think so.
>>

> What I want doesn't matter. Our clients want rich web 2.0 webapps.

that is no problem at all, I can prepare every site as want,
But problem is: internet application should have the same behavior as
desktop or better, not less in any point.
Do you try to achieve browser key: back and reload aware without
communicate with server.
And what about keyboard enabling, modal dialogs, grids with more than
100k lines without slowdown
I've test ExtJS and they not care about it (so deep as I need)

> I just want to make them in pascal and keep the codebase and know-how
> I have in my team.

As I. I want (i;ve done succesfully) reuse 90% of desktop code in webbased.
But you want to rewrite quite huge part to JS. Why? What for.
Till now there is no example of  any issue, that cant be done without
translating pascal to JS without preserve all needs.

> If it was up to me, client/server would do the job just fine. But I cannot
> ask all parents of all pupils of all our schools to install a client
> application:
> a) They don't want it. They are mostly computer agnostic, but they can surf the internet.
> b) Our helpdesk would find and emigrate to an unknown island somewhere in the
>    south pacific because of the installation and upgrade problems :-)

I agree. But I think that is new niche (cloud computing) and chance for me.
This is quite new opportunities,  many approaches , and we should know
how choice proper.

--
  Darek