[fpc-pascal] Servlet server for Fpc apps

Bee bee.ography at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 06:07:06 CEST 2009

> May I ask when do You need write ordinal code parallel on browser and server
> side? What kind of computation? For me 99% of code should be on server. As
> You write we have very fast (because compiled) application on server.

Fast is relative. You may have a very good and fast algorithm on
server, but you got bad network infrastructure, it'll look slow to the
client. You may have a very poor algorithm on JS code, but you got
good network infrastructure, and most of the clients are using
high-end machine, it'll look quite fast to the client. Most clients
would never care whether you put the code in server or in browser, the
just want to use your application with acceptable and reasonable
performance.

Today web technologies are getting more advanced, internet connection
is getting cheaper, browsers performance are getting better, web
standards are getting more obeyed, and client machines are getting
faster.

Of course, nobody would prevent you to do all the computation on the
server side. But IMO you'll waste resources on the client side that
you may utilize. Though it doesn't seem to be significant when you
look at a single client, but when you got thousands of clients
connected, you would save significant resources on the server side.

> Each user action can be transform to server, computed and results sand
> back to browser. Only for critical section we should write JS script. GUI
> is write once, independent (as ExtJS)

GUI may write once. But you could have more than just GUI on current
JS frameworks and browser capabilities. Though it's not easy, but it's
possible now to create a very complex desktop-like application on
browser with acceptable performance. I never thought that I would see
chess game to be completely running under browser using JS (no flash,
no plugins, no applets, no server side logic is required). But it's
common to see it or other kind of games under browser nowadays (with
most or all of game logic resides on the browser side).

--
-Bee-

has Bee.ography at:
http://beeography.wordpress.com