[fpc-pascal] Compiling for OS X PPC / Linux

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Mon Mar 23 09:25:47 CET 2009

On 23 Mar 2009, at 08:56, Joseph Montanez wrote:

> Im on an intel mac, do I need to do anything to compile my mac app
> i386 for powerpcs?

Use ppcppc instead of ppc386, or use "fpc -Ppowerpc" instead of plain
"fpc".

> Also I was wondering what I need to do to compile for linux target.
> When I do the -TLinux it dies for needing the right files but a bit
> clueless on what files I should have to compile my program.

You have compile and install the GNU binutils for Linux/i386 (or Linux/
powerpc) by downloading the binutils sources, unpacking them, and
executing the following commands in the resulting directory:
./configure --target=i386-linux-gnu
make
sudo make install

(use "--target=i386-linux-gnu" for powerpc)

Then compile the rtl and all other units for this target ("make
CPU_TARGET=i386 OS_TARGET=linux all" or so in the top level FPC
directory). See http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/buildfaq.pdf for more
information.

Jonas