[fpc-pascal] users.pp unit under Linux and FreeBSD

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 08:44:22 CET 2009

Hi,

I used to use the following methods from the "libc.pp" kylix compatible unit.

getpwuid(...)
getgrgid(...)

The issue was that the 'libc.pp' unit was not available for FreeBSD.
I found the 'users.pp' unit which seems to have the methods I require.
Is the 'users.pp' unit compatible with FreeBSD?

I would like to replace the above methods with the following methods
from the 'users.pp' unit. So far under Linux I have no issues.

GetUserName(uid);
GetGroupName(gid)

Regards,
  - Graeme -