[fpc-pascal] Web link to documentation

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Mar 20 11:43:42 CET 2009

In our previous episode, Michael Van Canneyt said:

> > > Feel free to do so... I will not stop anyone from doing so.
> > >
> > > Although it might be better to try and fix tex4ht, more people will benefit
> > > from that :-)
> >
> > Yes, that is what you said with latex2html too. Hacking in that 1.5 MB perl
> > script is the worst programming experience I ever had :-)
>
> In the end, there will be nothing for it but to write our own latex2html.
> If it can convert the docs, it'll convert most latex out there... =)

Wouldn't it be simpler to take the fpdoc approach? Something alternately
generating latex or html? You could cut out half of the latex macro usage
since you would simply expand them when writing the latex code in pascal.

It also isolates us from the latex<->external plugin bond which is
apparantly fragile, since nobody seems to be able with a good converter in
ten years.