[fpc-pascal] svn: Decompression of svndiff data failed

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun Mar 8 20:32:52 CET 2009

On 08 Mar 2009, at 13:04, John wrote:

> Has anyone  any idea of what that might be causing the above ?
>
> Background:
>
> I have had both fpc and lazarus svn working for quite  a while now,
> at least a year - though this is my first attempt at an update for a
> while.  Both local repositories were set up in XP SP 2  using
> tortosieSVN.  I am now trying use SVN in ubuntu 8.1 on the same PC
> (alternate boot), using the same local repository.
>
> Is there any fundamental reason why I cannot do this ?

Well, one problem may be that most files in the FPC repository have
the "svn:eol-style native" property set. This means that when checking
out such a file under Linux, the line endings will #10, while under
Windows they'll be #13#10. I don't know whether svn may have a problem
with that when updating a copy checked out on one platform on the other.

At least this message says that sharing a working copy among different
OSes is discouraged under such circumstances: http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2008-01/0883.shtml

> Anyway, it seems to work for Lazarus, but I am getting "svn:
> Decompression of svndiff data failed" for fpc, in both XP (tortoise)
> and ubuntu (command line svn).  Searching through the SVN
> documentation for this error I only found references to the main
> repository being corrupted, which isn't likely as lots of people
> would have reported it by now.

Do you only get it with an update, or also with a fresh checkout? (I
also reproduce it with a fresh checkout)

Jonas