[fpc-pascal] linking errors under OS X

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Wed Jul 29 08:27:20 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm helping somebody out, getting FPC fully installed under OS X.
Currently the user can compile all the source code of fpGUI Toolkit, but
gets the old "-lX11 linking error".

In the case of Ubuntu Linux you would be required to install the
libx11-dev package. He would also need the libxft-dev package.

Where do you get these for OS X?  As far as I know (which isn't much
regarding OS X), there is no package manager or repositories for OS X
like there is for Linux.

Anybody know where I can get those *-dev packages from?

Regards,
   - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/