[fpc-pascal] Lazarus settings and roaming profiles in Windows

Micha Nelissen micha at neli.hopto.org
Thu Jul 16 19:06:55 CEST 2009

Florian Klaempfl wrote:
> Micha Nelissen schrieb:
>> Florian Klaempfl wrote:
>> And applications can implement a configuration file lock much easier if
>> they want to detect multiple activity.
>
> Do they :)? Does lazarus?

IIRC OpenOffice (3.0) does detect it already and warn me.

> Well, then you need two 1k Euro servers. Anyways, a server not
> responding quickly enough to serve a profile will be a real pain serving
> a fully networked home/profile dir :)

That's the difference between a Windows server and one with a proper OS
:-P. Or it's the administration of it. Or ... don't know. I know there
are little problems with the file server I described in another post but
many problems with corrupted profiles.

Micha