[fpc-pascal] FPC DEVEL [2.3.1] and cross

Richard Jasmin jasminr at lavabit.com
Sun Jul 12 10:58:30 CEST 2009

/OK, this method works, but how do I get the DEV snapshot to compile in??

//

/>/ If you use fink for the installation of fpc, you can install everything you need with
/>/
/>/ fink install fpc-i386-linux
/>/
/>/ then compiling with -Tlinux should work.
/>/
/>/ this installs also the linux binutils as dependencies. I haven't tested it heavily,
/>/ so I am interested in feedback.
/
>>Well, it worked for my hello world program.

/
I've checked this out with fink, so binutils may not be necessary, they are already crossed.

see here:

/>Yes, but you first need
>a) cross-compiled GNU binutils for targeting Linux
>b) compile the FPC units for the Linux target

>From a previous mail (to fpc-pascal):

>***
>You have compile and install the GNU binutils for Linux/i386 (or Linux/
>powerpc) by downloading the binutils sources, unpacking them, and
>executing the following commands in the resulting directory:
>./configure --target=i386-linux-gnu
>make
>sudo make install

>(use "--target=powerpc-linux-gnu" for powerpc)

>Then compile the rtl and all other units for this target ("make
>CPU_TARGET=i386 OS_TARGET=linux all" or so in the top level FPC
>directory). See http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/buildfaq.pdf <http://www.stack.nl/%7Emarcov/buildfaq.pdf> for more
>information.
/
ok....how do I put that 'build' into /sw/bin? the binary ins't there and ppc386 reports back as 2.2.4, not 2.3.1.
I need 2.31 to do kernel compiling.Sorry about crossing,but I'm on OSX. I need to cross to linux. The 'C/PU_TARGET=i386 OS_TARGET=linux all'
method builds ok. /
/