[fpc-pascal] XML with lazarus UTF8 problem

JoshyFun joshyfun at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 13:17:05 CEST 2009

Hello FPC-Pascal,

Monday, July 6, 2009, 8:13:56 AM, you wrote:

HG> I am using DOM and XMLRead units for parsing XML files.
HG> The XML file is UTF-8. The text-nodes in the file contain german umlaute.
HG> The file is valid XML!

I do not work with XML DOM but if the file is UTF-8 and the text node
contains an ANSI german umlaute the XML is not valid as the text is
not UTF-8 conformant.

fpc UTF-8 decoder clear any UTF-8 string with wrong encode (I think
trunk one replace wrong encodes with '?' mark).

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun