[fpc-pascal] Suggestions for fpspreadsheet

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 14:22:42 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Part of the confusion was what developers were used to in Delphi. Plus
> many (all) container classes in the RTL use 0-based counting. It
> becomes quite a chore to keep track of 1-based counting in the grid
> and when that data is stored internally in some RTL container class,
> to switch to 0-based counting.

Yes, you convinced me. Moving back to 0-based =)

And in the process I noticed that even in my own code to support
OpenDocument I needed to add some + 1 and - 1 here and there because
arrays are zero-based ...

It's interresting that OpenDocument is 1-based ... maybe because it's
user readable. Excel binary files were all zero-based (good for
programmers, and the format isn't user readable) ... don't know about
OOXML.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho