[fpc-pascal] Re: Announcing CrossGL

Milan Marusinec milan at marusinec.sk
Thu Jan 29 08:48:59 CET 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
 > Nice work Milan.  Seeing that it's a cross platform graphics library,
 > it would be very nice if there was cross platform demos. Currently it
 > only has 3 Windows demos available for download. Doesn't say much for
 > Linux support. :-(  Either way, the Windows demos did run under WINE,
 > but no fonts appeared.

Yes I know. I'm going the Chrome way - release as early as possible
and iterate ... Linux & Mac comming ...

 > Quick question?  How does CrossGL compare to AGG or AGG-PAS?  It looks
 > like they have pretty much the same feature set, but the latter two
 > being free.  What does CrossGL have that will convince me to spend
 > money on it?

Saving a few years of development on top of AGG should be convincing.
CrossGL can be used out of box. I created CrossGL Draw in just two
months with this API (gadget apps in a half day) - and in Delphi 4 !!!.

 > PS:
 > I really like the swirling button effect and the clicking effect.  :-)
 >  10/10 for that eye-candy!

Happy to hear that !

Milan