[fpc-pascal] Calling C functions from FPC

Ken G. Brown kbrown at mac.com
Mon Jan 26 00:24:33 CET 2009

On MacOS X 10.5.6 Intel targeting 10.3.9 PPC:

What are the gotchas with respect to calling C functions from FPC?

For example if I wanted to be able to make use some of Apple's Serial example code <http://developer.apple.com/samplecode/SerialPortSample/index.html> but don't want to go to all the trouble of converting all to Pascal.

Is there better examples somewhere?

Are there Xcode options that need to be set so that Pascal to C calling conventions match or does it all just work?

Is there good reading available for this somewhere?

What other issues might I have to watch out for?

Thx for any tips,
Ken G. Brown