[fpc-pascal] Maybe one stupid question

JoshyFun joshyfun at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 01:10:44 CET 2009

Hello FPC-Pascal,

I'm using FPC 2.2.2 running over WinXP SP2. Are there any technical
reasons that expains that a program runs faster using all checks ( I/O,
Range, Overflow, Stack and Verify calls ) with optimization level 1
and using heaptrace, than the same one compiled without any check,
optimization level 2 or 3 and not using heaptrace ?

I had expected around a 5% faster with the non-checks config, but I
get a 2% slower program :-?

Everything has been tested using Lazarus 1 month SVN, using a 1 minute
runtime check.

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun