[fpc-pascal] DCPCrypt as part of FCL?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 16:02:28 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 4:50 PM, Tomas Hajny <XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz> wrote:

> 1) I assume you meant adding it as another package within the FPC tree,
> not to fcl-base in particular or so, right?

I meant somewhere in the FPC tree. Where exactly is up to the FPC
developers. But I would guess the FCL would be the general location.

> 2) As with all other packages: Do we know who'd be maintaining this
> package? In other words, is the potential maintainer known (volunteering

I got no idea who is the actual maintainer of the code in Lazarus CCR
on SourceForge repository. David Barton is the original author of
DCPCrypt for Delphi and Kylix. Somebody named Barko ported it in 2006
to Free Pascal & Lazarus. I don't think anybody worked on it since,
but the original DCPCrypt also hasn't increased in version since 2006.

Anyway, I don't mind maintaining it as we (our company) currently use
it with FPC 2.2.3 in our projects. So we would always require a
working version. Encryption is a big part of our flagship product and
will notice anything broken very quickly.

Regards,
  - Graeme -