[fpc-pascal] CPU affinity of TThread descendants

David W Noon david.w.noon at ntlworld.com
Mon Jan 19 23:24:06 CET 2009

Hi,

I am running FPC 2.3.1 under Linux 2.6.26 on a twin CPU AMD Athlon MP
system.

Whenever I instantiate multiple descendants of the TThread class, they
all seem to run on the same CPU, which is the same CPU as the parent
thread is running on. With 21 threads in the program, the system monitor
shows one CPU at 100% busy and the other CPU idle.

Does this class, by default, impose CPU affinity, in the manner of the
Windows NT/2K/XP CreateThread() API? If so, how can I disable this?
[I.e., I want all my threads to be runnable by any CPU inside the box.]

Dave  [RLU #314465]