[fpc-pascal] Workaround for #0011837 (FPC <= 2.2.2 with GTK >= 2.13)

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 23:45:30 CET 2009

In case someone wonders how to workaround this bug
  http://mantis.freepascal.org/view.php?id=11837
(occurs with GTK >= 2.13.4, e.g. on Ubuntu 8.10 we have GTK 2.14):

I found that the quick workaround that works is to pass --noinhibit-exec
to ld, that is "-k--noinhibit-exec" to FPC command-line. The ld will
then treat unresolved references as mere warnings, and will produce
working executable (assuming your program doesn't actually call
obsoleted GTK2 functions).

Of course, you can also upgrade to FPC from SVN. Above workaround is
useful only if you have to stick to released FPC 2.2.2.

(I know, this is hardly a rocket science discovery :) Just sharing in
case anyone else struggles with this, seeing as this is very common
problem.)

Michalis