[fpc-pascal] REQ: official FPC's FCGI framework

Bee bisma at brawijaya.ac.id
Thu Feb 12 10:35:54 CET 2009

> We have a controlled deployment base and currently use Apache 2 under
> Linux and Windows. But looking on my local development machine, my
> Apache 2 only has modules for standard CGI (mod_cgi.so) and not
> FastCGI. :-(   I'm using Ubuntu 7.10.

If you need native FCGI support from the web server, you may start from
here: http://code.google.com/p/extpascal/wiki/GettingStarted and read
the "Setting using native FastCGI, only for Apache 2.2+" section on the
bottom.

If you don't need native FCGI support, you may read the "Setting using
FastCGI thru CGI gateway (any Apache version and similar procedure on
IIS)" section on the same article above.

Personally, I prefer the later because I have better control over the
CGI gateway and the FCGI service. Especially during development, you
don't want to restart your web server each time you recompile and rerun
your program. ;)

-Bee-