[fpc-pascal] Origin of FPC features

Gerhard Scholz gs at g--s.de
Tue Feb 10 12:27:23 CET 2009

Bitpacked Structures:

The first time I've seen bitpacked structures (arrays & records) was on the pascal compiler for Control Data machines, about 1980.

If I remember right, it was the original ETH Zürich compiler, made by someone of the Wirth staff.

( the keyword BITPACKED was not used, it was done by PACKED)

GPC also has bitpacked stuctures.

Greetings

Gerhard