[fpc-pascal] troubles adding a second target

Ken G. Brown kbrown at mac.com
Sat Feb 7 09:20:49 CET 2009

MacOS X 10.5.6, fpc 2.2.2, Xcode 3.1.2

I have a working project started from the fpc supplied template.

I've tried to add a second target for testing which is more or less a copy of the first, although the source code has been duplicated and renamed and located in a subfolder of the project folder.

I added a carbon application  target since there was no Pascal option in the Add Target function.

I made sure that the membership checkboxes were only including the new source files in the new target.

At first I got errors that there was no build rule for the new source. So I added a rule for Pascal Source Files with custom script by analogy from the working target.
There was nothing to be seen in the custom script text box in the rule from the working target, and I added a copy of what was in the 'with output files:' text box
$(DERIVED_SOURCES_DIR)-$(CURRENT_VARIANT)/$(CURRENT_ARCH)/$(INPUT_FILE_BASE).s

Now when I try to build the new target, I get the following error:
    /bin/sh -c
/bin/sh: -c: option requires an argument

Where does the custom script have to be set up? How does this work?

Or is there a better way to create a good new target?

Thx for any tips,
Ken G. Brown