[fpc-pascal] mixin feature

Bee Jay bee.ography at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 05:27:53 CET 2009

Hi all,

I'm now studying Qooxdoo (JS framework) to make ExtPascal-like tool
based on it. Qooxdoo's OO implementation has mixin feature (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixin
). Since this feature is not provided by object pascal language, I
have trouble writing the library wrapper. For the first step, maybe I
just could skip the feature. But this would prevent custom widget
creation of Qooxdoo from pascal. Somehow, I'm curious about it since
QWT (qooxdoo for GWT) is able to provide mixin in Java which also
doesn't support mixin. So I think there must be a way to implement it
in Pascal as well.

Can someone tell me how to implement "fake" mixin feature in pascal?
Or better, is it possible if FPC provides such language feature? I
think it's good language feature (compare to sealed class, for
example) and can be quite useful in some cases.

TIA.

--

-Bee-

...making buzzes at http://twitter.com/beezing