[fpc-pascal] OpenCL

Lourival Mendes mendes.lourival at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 20:22:46 CET 2009

Dear All,

   Speaking with a friend about parallel programming he told me
something about OpenCL as been the "future" of massively parallel
computing, mainly because of the standards and the access to GPU
cores. I read something about on the web and If I understood right,
there is a way to compile the same program in C to use in CPU and/or
GPU. Also I found that there is someone working on to bring it to
FPC/Lazarus. Is there a project on it? Is there some thing working on
Parallel programming on FPC? As far as I remember there is a package
that allow us to use the MPICH2 on Lazarus
(http://wiki.freepascal.org/MPICH)

Thanks a lot,

--
Lourival J. Mendes Neto