[fpc-pascal] Forum merger

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 12:24:46 CET 2009

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> The advantage of fpweb is that it doesn't matter whether you want to use
> an apache module, plain cgi or fastcgi, or in a standalone server.
> It works with all 4 types.

That's good news!  Can you explain more about what you mean by "standalone
server"? One of our lightweight apps we are thinking of is a simple
executable with built-in HTTP Server support (no Apache or other full
featured HTTP servers required) - is that what you mean by "standalone
server"?  This 'lightweight' HTTP server application will be executed
before the client access our CGI apps on localhost. I still have code lying
around somewhere which is about 400 lines of code implementing a basic HTTP
server that also supports CGI - it simply uses the available TCP support
from FPC - no 3rd party components like INDY, lnet etc...

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/