[fpc-pascal] Free Pascal created libraries used by other languages

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at mastermaths.co.za
Wed Dec 9 14:23:36 CET 2009

Hi,

Is it possible, or is there something special that needs to be done to
create a library that could be used by other languages?

For example. I'm interested in created a library (.dll and .so) of fpGUI
Toolkit, so the library can be reused by other fpGUI based applications
(reducing deployment size of executables), and allow languages like C to
use the fpGUI Library (.DLL and .SO) to create C gui applications. This
also means I can deploy "minor fixes" in the fpGUI library, without having
te recompile all the applications.

Is this possible with Free Pascal?

Regards,
  - Graeme -