[fpc-pascal] Is $fpctarget defined on all targets?

Aleksa Todorovic alexione at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 17:01:23 CET 2009

Hi!

I've just started porting an application from Java to FPC (current
targets are Win32 and Linux). I can successfully compile and run
initial tests on both targets. The problem I have is with -FU
parameter. When I execute

fpc -FUunits/$fpctarget test_client

on Windows, it correctly outputs .o, .ppu, .a and other generated
files to units/i386-win32 (btw, I need to create directory i386-win32
manually). But, when I execute same command on Linux, it outputs to
directory units even when I create units/i386-linux.

Windows is XP, Linux is CentOS 5, fpc is 2.4.0rc1 installed from rpm.

Is this bug with fpc, should I report it to bug tracker?

Best,
Aleksa