[fpc-pascal] WinCE: Detect if a PDA is connected to a LAN WI-FI peer-to-pear

epergola epergola at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 27 23:13:12 CEST 2009

Hi

1. Is it possible to detect if a PDA is connected (wi-fi) to a peer-to-peer
LAN (by IP or Device
    name)?
    If yes, how? maybe by a ping? is there a programmatic ping method?
2.How to detect the IP of a PDA from an App running on the same PDA? In a
peer-to-peer
   LAN, is the PDA IP static like for the workstations?
Basically, what I'd like to do is to  retrieve the IP of the PDA  when the
user on the PDA makes a change to a data file on the desktop server (via
sockets)  I want to store the IP of the PDA (if static) or its Device name
(which I know I can retrieve from the PDA registry) if the IP
keeps changing.
If necessary, I need to see in a subsequent moment if the PDA is still
connected to the LAN
(with a ping or other method).
Thanks for any help.