[fpc-pascal] Why is cthreads unit not included by default

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 13:05:59 CEST 2009

2009/8/27 Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net>:

> I understand all this, but isn't libc available on all unix-type OSes.

In my limited experience, I haven't come across a linux system without
some form of a c library.  Pretty much everything in gnu userland
relies on it.

> If so, then I don't understand why it (threading) must be optional in
> FPC based applications.

Not depending on libc is a good thing and keeps options open,
especially for embedded development.  E.g. you can try and write your
own busybox style program in fpc, to make a 100% pascal userland :)

Henry