[fpc-pascal] packages: lazarus vs. fpc

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue Aug 25 10:31:15 CEST 2009

On 25 Aug 2009, at 08:55, Marc Santhoff wrote:

> if a Makefile.fpc is generated by lazarus from a lazarus package (.lpi
> file), would this Makefile.fpc be sufficient for integrating the
> package
> into the fpc package tree below the "extra" directory?

There is no "extra" directory anymore since FPC 2.2.2. Anyway, some of
the main requirements for adding a new package to FPC are that it
doesn't have any Lazarus/LCL dependencies, and that we have a
reasonable expectation that the person asking for it to be included
will also maintain and update it in the future.

Jonas