[fpc-pascal] Porting Delphi ASM code to FPC

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Mon Aug 24 11:20:12 CEST 2009

Jonas Maebe wrote:

>> Is there an existing function in FPC that does the same as
>> CallerAddr(..), but in a cross platform way?
>
> get_caller_addr(get_frame)

Just what I was looking for. Thank you! :-) It compiles now without
problem, but Lazarus IDE can't seem to resolve the get_frame() function.
By that I mean, Ctrl+Click on get_frame() doesn't go anywhere in Lazarus
IDE..

I found get_frame() function definition and noticed that it is wrapped
in IFDEF as shown below.  When is the INTERNAL_BACKTRACE active? I'm
using Core 2 Quad processor with 64bit Ubuntu Linux. Do I fall in the
ELSE part or not?

{$IFDEF INTERNAL_BACKTRACE}
  // nothing
{$ELSE}
function get_frame:pointer;{$ifdef SYSTEMINLINE}inline;{$endif}
{$ENDIF}

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/