[fpc-pascal] how to simulate abstract properties

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Sun Aug 16 20:15:17 CEST 2009

Am Sonntag, den 16.08.2009, 20:05 +0200 schrieb Jonas Maebe:
> On 16 Aug 2009, at 19:58, Marc Santhoff wrote:
>
> > Am Sonntag, den 16.08.2009, 12:00 +0200 schrieb Jonas Maebe:
> >>

> >> Seems like there is a practical use-case for http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=13957
> >>  after all :)
> >
> > Do I understand correctly that this patch allow me to remap the
> > warning
> > message from the compiler to be evaluated like an error? That would do
> > it ...
>
> Yes.

Very nice. :)

> > Next question will be which compiler version from the releases I
> > have to
> > choose to make use of this feature?
>
> None, because the patch hasn't been applied yet.

I was too impatient, after reading the complete issue history I know
that. ;)

I'll have to patch and build the compiler myself then. I guess that
checking out a recent 2.3.x version and reading the build faq would be
the next step?

Another solution to my problem would be to have virtual abstract
properties, don't know if that would make sense and be more generally
usable ...
It would introduce the need to replicate the property declaration with
override modifier, more typing work.
Has anyone else had the need to use properties this way?

--
Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de>