[fpc-pascal] how to simulate abstract properties

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Sun Aug 16 19:58:03 CEST 2009

Am Sonntag, den 16.08.2009, 12:00 +0200 schrieb Jonas Maebe:
> On 16 Aug 2009, at 04:37, Marc Santhoff wrote:
>
> > What I want is to ensure not forgetting to override any method. The
> > compiler should stop on error when this happens.
> > How can this be done?
> >
> > (I know the compiler does emit a warning, but switching to "stop on
> > warning" is o option for me.)
>
> Seems like there is a practical use-case for http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=13957
>   after all :)

Do I understand correctly that this patch allow me to remap the warning
message from the compiler to be evaluated like an error? That would do
it ...

Next question will be which compiler version from the releases I have to
choose to make use of this feature?

Thanks,
--
Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de>