[fpc-pascal] Can I make this with Free Pascal?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Sep 23 08:39:09 CEST 2008

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, markweber wrote:

> I'm not geek or nerd, so be patient.
>
> I have thought graphics software needed to deal with video card and so, and
> needed to make very powerful calculations. If you say it's a software as any
> other, so that's right.
>
> You say pascal can make low level code, so ok.
> You say pascal can make any math calculations, so ok.
>
> You have showed other good stuffs there. If all of this was made with free
> pascal, so I believe.
>
> I suppose you have seen the link I showed. Can I make a sofware like that,
> without to be a Computer Graphics super nerd, just using this fpImage?
>
> And don't make me feel like a stupid.  :P

No one wants to make you feel like that.

Yes, you can make that kind of stuff with FPC and fpImage.
But fpImage does not have e.g. morphing routines, so if you want that,
you'll have to write the morph routines yourself. fpImage provides basic
image handling, and some simple image filtering and transformation routines.

Michael.