[fpc-pascal] Can I make this with Free Pascal?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 09:00:19 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 5:32 AM, markweber <markweber79 at gmail.com> wrote:

> A guy says he makes this -> http://picturetopeople.blogspot.com using free
> pascal WITH NO LIBRARIES.
>
> Has free pascal such a power for Computer Graphics applications?
>
> Is it really possible? Hard to believe.

It sure is possible!! :-) FPC is not limited to just business type
applications. Computer Graphics is nothing more that mathematical
formulas working with pixel data.

Here are a few more examples of what was done with Object Pascal alone
and Free Pascal compiler:

http://aggpas.org/
It's a complete Object Pascal implementation of Agg, the Anti-Grain
Geometry library originally written in C++.  Agg-Pas doesn't use any
external libraries, all Object Pascal code compilable with Free
Pascal.

http://www.kanzelsberger.com/pixel/?page_id=5
Then there is the GIMP or Photoshop clone - called Pixel32. It runs on
something like 7 platforms, supports 32bit and 64bit OS's, and even
sports Universal Binary for Mac OS X support.

Free Pascal itself comes with a fpImage (part of the Free Component
Library - FCL), which seems to be quite complete in graphics features
- though I haven't used it myself.

Regards,
 - Graeme -