[fpc-pascal] Re: Use Free Pascal on Pandora handheld game console

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Fri Sep 19 16:23:35 CEST 2008

En/na Guillermo Martínez Jiménez ha escrit:
> Thanks for your messages.
>
> By the way, I've read at Free Pascal's download site that there's two
> ARM versions for the compiler, one of them is for Linux. Pandora will
> use a Linux distro (www.freepascal.org/down/arm/linux.var). Does
> somebody use that one?

The problem is that pandora is an armel distribution (i.e. arm eabi),
like, e.g., maemo for the n8x0, while the fpc compiler on that page is
for arm (old arm abi).
If the kernel has been compiled with oabi compatibility, a binary
generated with fpc could run, but then you have to also have available
the corresponding libraries and there are problems with some ioctl
(since struct have a different alignment in eabi and oabi).
fpc eabi support is not mature (or it wasn't last time I tried to
cross-compile a program for my tablet).

See also http://wiki.debian.org/ArmEabiPort

Bye
--