[fpc-pascal] FreeBSD/x86_64 snapshots

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Fri Sep 19 04:06:17 CEST 2008

Marco van de Voort writes:

> Well, this is the stuff the buildfaq reading was for :-)

I printed it and read it on the train.. on the way home.

> I store a minimal configuration file in ~/.fpc.cfg :
>
> -Fu~/snapshot/lib/fpc/$FPCVERSION/units/$FPCTARGET/*
> -viwh

Tried that.
Tar examped off ~ so I have ~/snapshot.
Symbolic link from ~/snapshot to ~/bin

~/.fpc.cfg has
-Fu~/snapshot/lib/fpc/$FPCVERSION/units/$FPCTARGET/*
-viwh

When I try to run fpc I get:
Error: ppcx64 can't be executed, error message: Failed to execute "ppcx64",
error code: 127

I did a symbolic link for ppcx64 to be in ~/bin; that fixed the  problem.

I see that in the i386 that is how it is solved too.
A sym link in /usr/local/bin for /usr/local/lib/fpc/2.2.2/ppc386

So far only compiled a few simple programs, but the snapshot seems to
work.

Do we want more testers? Or you want to do more work before doing a more
widespread announcement.. Could post a note in FbsdAMD64 lettting people
know of the snapshot.. for testing.

Where/how do I get the regression tests? From SVN?