[fpc-pascal] cwstrings and uclibc

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 14:10:49 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 1:12 PM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
<felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:

> There was a discussion among lazarus developers about what kind of
> problems adding the cwstrings unit (libc widestring manager) for all
> UNIXes could bring.

I don't know the widestring manager "cwstrings", so my question might
sound silly.  Why is there a libc requirement for widestring support?
Isn't widestring support implemented in Object Pascal? Like UTF-8 used
in LCL or fpGUI?

Regards,
 - Graeme -