[fpc-pascal] xforms

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 11:08:40 CEST 2008

Hi Gaetano,

> i am a newbie and tryng unsuccesfully to compile and run xforms example
> getting only this message:
>        Compiling pushme.pp
>        Linking ./pushme
>        /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lforms
>        pushme.pp(16,1) Error: Error while linking
>        pushme.pp(16,1) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
>        Fatal: Compilation aborted
>        make: *** [pushme] Error 1

After reading your email, I tried that same example and also couldn't
manage to link it either. I didn't actually know "xforms" links to
FLTK toolkit — I thought there was a toolkit called XForms. :-)

I'm not sure what you are trying to do or write. But if you are
looking for a cross platform toolkit, you can give fpGUI Toolkit a go.
It currently supports Linux, *BSD (FreeBSD, DesktopBSD etc) and
Windows. It also compiles with 32bit and 64bit FPC compilers.

You can find more information on the website:
  http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/

Another alternative is MSEgui.

Regards,
 - Graeme -