[fpc-pascal] FPC for FreeBSD AMD64?

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Sun Sep 14 05:43:49 CEST 2008

Marco van de Voort writes:

>> Should I try to build it in a FBSD i386 or AMD64?
>
> I built in on x86, but assembled and linked on AMD64.

Are the steps documented somewhere?

I downloaded fpc-2.2.2.i386-freebsd.tar
How would I "build"

Also, when one uses  instal.sh, how does one uninstall?
In a "regular" install I would just use the port system. I created a VM just
to play around.. so I can rever the snapshot, but wonder what is the
procedure to uninstall.

Is this what I should be looking at?
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Release_engineering

Is the AMD64 version for FreeBSD planned to be worked on anytime in the near
future?

I have to get a program done soon and looking at the
wiki/Release_engineering it seems it would take me a good deal of time even
trying to figure out how to begin to help to move the AMD64 port along.